Tuesday 24 March 2020

Spelling Patterns

Have a look at these spelling patterns. What do these words sound like? What do they have in common? Can you think of new words to add to these slides?

Rhymezone and Wordhippo are two helpful websites you can look at.






Here are some more spelling patterns you can try:

Words that end in a SHN sound but are spelled with SION
Words that end in a SHN sound but are spelled with TION
Words that end in a SHUHS sound but are spelled with CIOUS
Words that end in a SHUHS sound but are spelled with TIOUS

Good luck and remember to share what you have found!

Here is an example by Yashvi:

I sat on a cushion while playing the percussion instrument this occasion was on television with my permission this was my decision because of my recent incision that gave me a concussion but I did it because it was part of the conclusion.

I had to be cautious because of the ambitious superstitions of a infectious disease so  I ate lots of scrumptious, nutritious food so I could be healthy.



No comments:

Post a Comment