Tuesday 30 June 2020

Writing a speech introduction



WALT Write an attention grabbing introduction

SC: State your topic (what your speech is about)
SC: Use personal pronouns: I, my, we, our, you
SC: Use a question, story or quote to start your introduction

Example one:
Are you keen to spend your break times having fun, improving your skills and staying active? Well imagine a school where students are allowed to bring their scooters everyday. This could be our school and I want to show you why that would be awesome.

Example two:
Everyday, I see students riding their scooters around the school and having fun during their break times. Now, the school wants to take this away from these students. I think this is unfair and you should too.

“Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of riding a bike.” That’s what John F. Kennedy once said. Yet the school does not believe this. They want to stop you from experiencing the pleasure of riding your bikes or scooters. In fact I am going to prove that the school should let you continue riding scooters during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment